Welcome to the most popular course on the internet for learning Docker, Swarm, Compose, Kubernetes, and more! Taught by a Docker Captain.
In 2017, Docker, Inc. asked me to create this course and for years they have used it to teach their own new employees about Docker and containers. Plus, the course is strengthened by the real-world knowledge and experience I gain through my work with dozens of clients and attendees of my workshops.
Docker Mastery quickly climbed to Top Seller after launching it. We now have more than 300,000 students worldwide, many of whom tell me they were able to get their job or change their career because of what they learned.
(Looking for discounts on all my courses? Grab my current Udemy coupons here.)
🐳🎉 Get the course now with a 30-day money-back guarantee! (coupon is in the link)
2023 Update: New CI examples with 18 lectures showing you how to automate Docker and Kubernetes in GitHub Actions, including vulnerability scanning, advanced image building, multi-platform builds, and more. Kubernetes sections were also updated to reflect CLI updates and 5 new videos on inspecting resources.
2022 Update: Refreshed install and config videos, and more support for Apple Silicon (M1 arm64) and Raspberry Pi's!
Just Starting Out With Docker?
No problem! This course starts out assuming you're new to containers.
Who Needs This Course?
- Software developers, sysadmins, IT pros, and operators at any skill level.
- Anyone who makes, deploys, or operates software on servers.
Docker was revolutionary when it launched in 2013, with its container concept. Today, all major cloud providers and leading open source serverless frameworks use Docker, and many are leveraging it for their container-native IaaS offerings. The number of people needing or wanting to learn Docker for their jobs or to enhance their careers is growing exponentially.
What Do You Get?
Docker Mastery is packed with content to provide you with a well-rounded, comprehensive working knowledge of Docker with Kubernetes, Compose, Swarm, Registry lectures, and more:
- 21 hours of on-demand video content viewable on mobile devices, TV, in addition to your computer.
- Assignments/Quizzes to test your knowledge.
- Articles for added context and updates.
- A Certificate of Completion to provide to your clients, boss, or prospective employer.
- Understand terminal or command prompt basics.
- Understand Linux basics like shells, SSH, and package managers. (tips included to help newcomers!)
- Know the basics of creating a server in the cloud (on any provider). (tips included to help newcomers!)
- Understand the basics of web and database servers. (how they typically communicate, IP's, ports, etc.)
- Have a GitHub and Docker Hub account.
What Can You Do With What You Learn?
After taking Docker Mastery, you'll be able to:
- Use Docker in your daily developer and/or sysadmin roles
- Deploy apps to Kubernetes
- Make Dockerfiles and Compose files
- Build multi-node Swarm clusters and deploying H/A containers
- Make Kubernetes YAML manifests and deploy using infrastructure-as-code methods
- Build a workflow of using Docker in dev, then test/CI, then production with YAML
- Protect your keys, TLS certificates, and passwords with encrypted secrets
- Keep your Dockerfiles and images small, efficient, and fast
- Run apps in Docker, Swarm, and Kubernetes and understand the pros/cons of each
- Develop locally while your code runs in a container
- Protect important persistent data in volumes and bind mounts
- Lead your team into the future with the latest Docker container skills!
Community support is very important to me. So I created, in Slack and Discord, a way for students to learn from each other too, ask questions, and share their knowledge. I’m on YouTube every Thursday and, once a month, I dedicate the show to students’ questions about the courses.