Your new favorite course has been released!
I built this course because I live and breathe containers and orchestration. After making the most popular Docker course on Udemy, I'm back with an up-to-date Kubernetes course, and I'll be growing the content monthly through 2019/2020.
🐳🎉🍾 Get the course now with my best coupon and a 30-day money-back guarantee! (coupon is in the link)
Welcome to the best course on the planet for learning Kubernetes! With your basic knowledge of Docker in hand, Kubernetes Mastery is a course for anyone is planning to use container orchestration. This course will help you master container clusters on your local machine, your own datacenter, and in the cloud.
I'm Bret, an Award Winning Docker Captain, DevOps community leader, consultant, and a bestselling Udemy instructor. I work daily to make the best and most entertaining Docker and DevOps training on the web, and if you're a developer or operator that's thinking of using Kubernetes, there is simply no better way to get the most out of your learning time than this course that I've spent hundreds of hours making!
Who is this course for?
I designed it for developers, operators, sysadmins, and any IT Pro who want the best and latest that Kubernetes container orchestration has to offer. You'll need to know Docker basics, which you can get from my bestselling Docker Mastery course with 120,000 students. Kubernetes Mastery is designed to teach you the cutting edge features of Kubernetes in 2019/2020 that will make your server clusters easier to manage and maintain. Docker and Kubernetes are two of the hottest and most popular topics in tech and I've been using them, and consulting for others who use them, for many years.
Some of the many cool things you'll do in this course
- Deploy a microservice app using both CLI and YAML
- Investigate running apps using CLI, logs, and events
- Try local Kubernetes installs like Docker Desktop, microK8s, and minikube
- Use Stern to view multiple container logs at once
- Try different load balancer types with Kubernetes Services
- Troubleshoot container and network performance
- Create custom labels for controlling load balancer connections
- Use the new Server Dry Run to test changes with the API
- Recover from a failed update, and rollback updates to previous versions
- Test different healthcheck probe types
- Use various app config options with built-in Kubernetes features
- Quickly patch YAML with a single command
- Split up and deploy YAML from git repos using DevOps practices
- Deploy the Kubernetes Dashboard web GUI securely
Extra things that come with this course
- Access to the course Slack Chat and team of Teachers Assistants, for getting help/advice from me and other students.
- Weekly YouTube Live Q&A's where you can ask me questions live.
- Bonus related videos I put elsewhere like YouTube and share via Udemy announcements.
- Tons of reference links to supplement this content.
- Updates to content as products change their features on these topics.
What you will learn in this course
🤔I really should write something here.
Why should you learn from me?
- I'm A Practitioner. Welcome to the real world. I've got more than 20 years of sysadmin and developer experience, over 30 certifications, and have been using container tools for myself and my consulting clients since their early days. With me, you’re learning from someone who's helped run many hundreds of container apps across dozens of projects and organizations.
- I'm An Educator. With me, you’ll learn from someone who knows how to make a syllabus: I want to help you. People say I'm good at it. I won a 2018 Leadership Award at DockerCon for helping others learn. For the last few years I've trained thousands of people on using Docker and Kubernetes in workshops, conferences, and meetups. See me teach at events like DockerCon, O'Reilly Velocity, GOTO, and Linux Open Source Summit.
- I Lead Communities. Also, I'm a Docker Captain, which means Docker Inc. thinks I know a thing or two about containers and that I do well in sharing it with others. In the real-world: I run two local meetups in our fabulous tech community in Norfolk/Virginia Beach USA. I help online daily: usually in Slack and Twitter, where I learn from and help others.
Giving back to Open Source and the Internet
A portion of my profit on this course will be donated to supporting open source and protecting our freedoms online! This course is only made possible by the amazing people creating open source. I'm standing on the shoulders of (open source) giants! Donations will be split between my favorite charities including the Electronic Frontier Foundation and Free Software Foundation. Look them up. They're awesome!
This is a living course, and will be updated as features and workflows change.
This course is designed to be fast at getting you started but also get you deep into the "why" of things. Simply the fastest and best way to learn the latest Kubernetes skills.
Thanks so much for considering this course. Come join me and thousands of others in this course (and my others) for learning the latest DevOps tech! - Bret